- Directed all aspects of the software engineering life cycle
process to deliver high quality software. Defined and created
work-flows for developing projects and software tasks. Created
document templates. Established coding guidelines. Mentored
developers within the group on industry best practices.
- Managed dozens of project schedules using MS Project. Created
schedules with projects, tasks, and milestones, assigned
resources to tasks, tracked progress, maintained project plans,
and published project status to ensure multiple, simultaneous
projects completed on time.
- Authored dozens of specification, architecture, requirements, and
design documents. Worked closely with diverse customers to
define and deliver the right software product. Reviewed and
edited documents written by group and department members.
- Recruited 4 new employees into the group. Collected resumes.
Designed and conducted phone screens. Organized interviews.
Assessed candidates' value to the company.
- Directed the engineering activities of 6 engineers. Evaluated
performance of those engineers in relation to corporate
standards. Nurtured career paths of engineers by working with
employees to set appropriate goals.
- Spoke at the TeamShare User Conference in Colorado Springs, CO
(March 2002). Presented the RaceTrack command line tools
enabling automated and other non-web interactions with the
TeamTrack work-flow database. These tools were built by my group.
Gave a similar presentation internally to the company.
- Managed vendor relationships, including scheduling upgrades,
reporting and tracking defects, procuring hardware and software,
and acquiring contract sign-off.
- Coded several projects in Perl and C++, prior to being promoted
to group manager.